Imperial Swan Motor (2450?)

Marc Sova

Is the stator in a 10” (Imperial) Swan the same as a 2450? I realize the rotor is differnt but I recall reading that somewhere. Maybe in that fan collecting book? 
   I’m trying a nuclear option to fix this stator (barely any wire to connect to. And I mean barely). Next option if a 2450 don’t work is a rewind I guess. 

Not sure about the imperial, but I have a 5250-C 10" that I bought with a burned stator and Jay Bernard said the 2250 stator was almost drop in, just need some sanding to fit in the case. We debated installing the speed coil to make a 10" 2 speed swan. 😄

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, Andrew Block said:

Not sure about the imperial, but I have a 5250-C 10" that I bought with a burned stator and Jay Bernard said the 2250 stator was almost drop in, just need some sanding to fit in the case. We debated installing the speed coil to make a 10" 2 speed swan. 😄

Oh interesting. Good to know. I pulled a 2450 and it’s different. The inside diameter of the stator was too small or something. I can’t remember. That’s good to know. The imperial is bascially the same im pretty sure as any 10” swan.