Identify the Fan No. 27

Steve Rockwell

Evan will remember this one I believe... I hope it slipped past everyone else's notice...   I intend to Post real challenging Threads New Year's, then take a sabbatical.

All Photos Courtesy of miSci      The Museum of Innovation and Science      Schenectady NY

image.png.b4634114a53c7f957f02c5e9a2909642.png

Edited by Steve Rockwell

I am stumped by the familiar parts I see that are mixed together. Not many American-made fans used oiler cartridges, much less on long stems. And the manufacturing concerns that cross my mind did not produce the combination of parts in front of me. So, I’m thinking…🧐

7 hours ago, Evan Atkinson said:

I am stumped by the familiar parts I see that are mixed together. Not many American-made fans used oiler cartridges, much less on long stems. And the manufacturing concerns that cross my mind did not produce the combination of parts in front of me. So, I’m thinking…🧐

The tube extension is patented. The third image down is a brush holder. 

image.v1.jpg.b4634114a53c7f957f02c5e9a2909642.png

02.v1 (1).jpg

image.v1.jpg.b4634114a53c7f957f02c5e9a2909642 (1).png

Edited by Russ Huber

3 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

The tube extension is patented. 

image.v1.jpg.b4634114a53c7f957f02c5e9a2909642.png

02.v1 (1).jpg

The guy who filed the assigned and issued patent on the CF. 

content.v1 (49).jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

One fan crossed my mind late last night but I was tired, too tired to check the images I saved. Bingo. Nice test. What I thought was an oiler cartridge threw me, there is just zero way that made it into wide production! This is certainly not a typical fan, by any stretch. 

Edited by Evan Atkinson

Posted (edited)

"Post a picture of it, please."

Sorry for tardiness, I thought you were talking to Evan...     Seussical is actually a pretty fair descriptor, and a totally new bit of language...

image.png.0703c164c2674123bb3597941cc80311.png

This photo was taken a year before the first...

image.png.c4337545ea78a223c39760a61c162705.png

Edited by Steve Rockwell

1 hour ago, Steve Rockwell said:

"Post a picture of it, please."

Sorry for tardiness, I thought you were talking to Evan...     Seussical is actually a pretty fair descriptor, and a totally new bit of language...     

No need to be sorry, I was talking to Evan. I quoted him. If he has identified the switch as Seussical, he must have an image of the fan. I asked him to please share the image yesterday. He has not identified the fan as yet. It doesn't appear anyone else is going pin it down?? Might as well be Evan. 

I have an article/history on the engineer holding the patent for the attachment for the fan as soon as it is identified. 

Edited by Russ Huber

An 1899 General Electric pancake-motor 6 blade 24” ceiling fan with a looped, sign-post-style tubular egg/switch.  I do not recall the inventor/patent holder, but it’s certainly unmistakeable.

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

Edited by Evan Atkinson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen one of those before, and it's good to know they're out there.....   Thanks Nicholas Denny!

Here's an oddball: Special FD-24", A1-115 Volt Wall Bracket Fan Motor Req I-18517

image.thumb.jpeg.e2bf3ad8b0396ee8c2bc601bb7b916bd.jpeg

On 1/30/2024 at 1:39 PM, Steve Rockwell said:

Here's an oddball: Special FD-24"...

What is up,...
er,...  sidewise
with that oiler?

image.thumb.jpeg.e2bf3ad8b0396ee8c2bc601bb7b916bd.jpeg.0dd07cb817fcd7faea037a9df354d2a7.jpeg