Westinghouse 12-f-3 wiring

Donald Mezzapella

Just acquired this Westinghouse.  The fan will run on all three speeds,but needs a nudge to start. It will also start in either direction. The line cord was changed by a "professional " as can be identified by yellow tape. Please help with diagram,  Thanks Don

20231231_154532.jpg

What values are capacitors, and what type? Tried film cap and fan hummed,but still had to nudge to start. Will still turn in either direction. 

10 hours ago, Donald Mezzapella said:

What values are capacitors, and what type? Tried film cap and fan hummed,but still had to nudge to start. Will still turn in either direction. 

I'm not sure, when I checked my fan the capacitor didn't have any value written anywhere. I'm sure one of the members know though.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:45 PM, Donald Mezzapella said:

I searched through the old fourm for answers. It should be a 1mfd capacitior you'll need.

Thanks Alex,I'll check to see if I have one.