Have a couple of questions about Emerson 6250 K

Paul Carmody

While I’m waiting on the paint to dry on the Menominee gear case ,I was  messing with this guy.

What is the threaded hole for in the back of oscillator?It doesn’t go all the way through.

There was a sealer where all the case parts meet. I cleaned most of it off.It looks to be factory ,black hard stuff.Should I use a sealer ,gasket sealer so the grease doesn’t seep?I am not familiar with these later fans.

I was surprised to see a dark red composite gear.It looks to be in good condition.

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

• Paul Carmody changed the title to Have a couple of questions about Emerson 6250 K

What is the threaded hole for in the back of oscillator?It doesn’t go all the way through.

That hole is for the Screw that secures the rear housing.

• Haha 1

If you use a high quality grease (I recommend Amsoil), the grease won't break down and seep through the gear box. But if you wish to use a sealer, automotive black RTV sealant is what I would recommend as it's not permanent just in case service needs to be done in the future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Fengel said:

That hole is for the Screw that secures the rear housing.

Sign of old age ! I just took it off a couple of days ago.🤡I guess I forgot what I was working on?

• Like 1