Made-Rite Badge

Louis Luu

3 minutes ago, Vic Valencheck said:

Louis, I measured again and I got 23.88  mm for the decal diameter and 29.30 mm for the blade center diameter. 

I've bought water slide paper from office max in 11in sheets. 

Yeah....just figured out how small these things were.  Easier for me to just order them precut like a sticker.  I just tried to call and someone picked up....something about "Not interested in time share".  I had to explain I was not trying to sell anything but trying to get a hold of you.  

Here is my thought and problem, the sticker is really small....I just realized this.  Wondering if you can provide the diameter for the center where the thing comes through so it does not rip.  I can order it with the center already precut.  These sticker thing is all brand new to me and will need to learn.

Trying to cut the middle would is all thumbs for me and most people I'm assuming.

image.thumb.png.05e478ad100cb3c57b23fbc1ab7e042a.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vic Valencheck said:

Louis, I measured again and I got 23.88  mm for the decal diameter and 29.30 mm for the blade center diameter. 

I've bought water slide paper from office max in 11in sheets. 

Or..easier route would be to send you the file and you can print a whole sheet of this.  Use what you want and send the rest to George Durbin to distribute and generate funds for AFCA?

1 hour ago, Louis Luu said:

Or..easier route would be to send you the file and you can print a whole sheet of this.  Use what you want and send the rest to George Durbin to distribute and generate funds for AFCA?

I could do that but I want to test it on my blade before I send anything back out. 

What kind of file is it? 

1 hour ago, Vic Valencheck said:

I could do that but I want to test it on my blade before I send anything back out. 

What kind of file is it? 

Your standard picture file....with whatever format you want (Tiff; jpeg; png).  I can send you the one with the 1 inch.  I would just print it out on regular paper, cut it and see if it fits.  If it fits.....then I can send you a whole sheet if needed.

21 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Your standard picture file....with whatever format you want (Tiff; jpeg; png).  I can send you the one with the 1 inch.  I would just print it out on regular paper, cut it and see if it fits.  If it fits.....then I can send you a whole sheet if needed.

Can't I just copy your picture from this thread and adjust the size in Print Artist and print? 

28 minutes ago, Vic Valencheck said:

Can't I just copy your picture from this thread and adjust the size in Print Artist and print? 

You could but better to have picture file.  The picture I posted is just a screen shot.  Either way.  If you want the file, just send me your email and I'll attach it.

I got the email but I had to open up the file on my pc. I'll have to get a measurement for the center shaft. 

You had called my house this afternoon. That was my wife that answered. Call me on my cell phone if you need to get a hold of me. 

216-509-4010 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Valencheck said:

The center hole is 3.3mm in diameter.

How small of a fan are these "Made-Rite"?  Such a small badge and a tiny hole.

3 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

How small of a fan are these "Made-Rite"?  Such a small badge and a tiny hole.

It has an eighth inch blade. 

56 minutes ago, Vic Valencheck said:

It has an eighth inch blade. 

I found out after talking to George Durbin.  He said even he was surprised I made that badge.  No big deal.  Glad I could help in any event.  At least in the future, I will know to order precut stickers online.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:53 PM, Jim Kovar said:

White Castle burgers,...

Y-U-M-M-Y !

Nasty road conditions
here in eastern Nebr.

Think they'd deliver?  wondering.gif.3995ec6a105c4657420a44ab15a22bd7.gif

Screenshot_20240114-163519_Maps.thumb.jpg.5e24131f3d3ad952ac000d9a2feeb886.jpg

Screenshot_20240114-163726_Maps.thumb.jpg.ae359580fe87a01b9bcab089f4f61b8f.jpg

what's a 4 1/2 Hr. drive thru snow covered roads if the prize is a sack full of belly bombers ??

3 hours ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

...the prize is a sack full of belly bombers ??

226.gif.9c64c18841689a763a18046a94dada4e.gif

My doctor said it will pass.

2063181420_giphy(11).gif.83db0c869e93b695b2cbbcd3dfd9a356.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Mirin said:

Are those water slide type?

I don't own that fan.  Vic has that fan and would know better.  From the looks of it, it does appear to be a sticker base on the pictures?

If you touch it with a small screwdriver it flakes off. Hard to tell how it was put on there. Don't think it was painted on. 

2 hours ago, Vic Valencheck said:

If you touch it with a small screwdriver it flakes off. Hard to tell how it was put on there. Don't think it was painted on. 

I think a stamp like most fans with them stickers?  Vic, when you are done restoring this fan, I would love to see a picture of it.  

20 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

I think a stamp like most fans with them stickers?  Vic, when you are done restoring this fan, I would love to see a picture of it.  

I'm going to start on it when I finish two other projects that I'm working on now. 

• Thanks 1

Hey Louis, I think your file is going to work. I printed it out on a piece of ink jet paper and cut it out. I'll print it on waterslide paper when I get the blade cleaned up. Here's what it looks like?

20240122_174648.thumb.jpg.980fbc6914ffced6946ec98d084b221e.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Valencheck said:

Hey Louis, I think your file is going to work. I printed it out on a piece of ink jet paper and cut it out. I'll print it on waterslide paper when I get the blade cleaned up. Here's what it looks like?

20240122_174648.thumb.jpg.980fbc6914ffced6946ec98d084b221e.jpg

Looks better than the damage one.  Looks close to the original.  Thank you for sharing.

Hi Vic,  my name is Dar Costello, and I was the person that talked with Louis about reproducing the Made-Rite badge.  If possible I would like to see if I could secure 2 of the newly created Made-Rite badges.  I sincerely appreciate the job you guys did on the badge, IT LOOKS GREAT.  I have been trying to get in touch with for the last couple of days, since Louis informed me it was done.  I just rejoined the AFCA, and they wouldn’t allow me into this forum till today.  Please let me know if it’s possible to secure a couple of badges.  Thanks Dar Costello

1 hour ago, Darwin Costello said:

Hi Vic,  my name is Dar Costello, and I was the person that talked with Louis about reproducing the Made-Rite badge.  If possible I would like to see if I could secure 2 of the newly created Made-Rite badges.  I sincerely appreciate the job you guys did on the badge, IT LOOKS GREAT.  I have been trying to get in touch with for the last couple of days, since Louis informed me it was done.  I just rejoined the AFCA, and they wouldn’t allow me into this forum till today.  Please let me know if it’s possible to secure a couple of badges.  Thanks Dar Costello

Hi Dar, I just started restoring the Made - Rite. I'm going to print it on a water slide. If it works out I'll send you a couple. 

Thank you so much.  If there is a cost associated with this please let me know.  I have no problem participating in the finance cost in producing these.  Please let me know.  Thanks again. Dar 

14 minutes ago, Darwin Costello said:

Thank you so much.  If there is a cost associated with this please let me know.  I have no problem participating in the finance cost in producing these.  Please let me know.  Thanks again. Dar 

No monetary cost on my end.  I was more than happy to help where I can.  The badge was not a big deal.  I did need a good picture.  Luckily, you had one to go by so no problem.