Fan Fair 2024, July 31-August 3, Indianapolis, Indiana

Stan Adams

Mark your calendars & get your vacation schedule set for the greatest show on Earth, Fan Fair 2024. Details to follow.

• Like 6

On 1/18/2024 at 7:48 PM, Stan Adams said:

Mark your calendars & get your vacation schedule set for the greatest show on Earth, Fan Fair 2024. Details to follow.

Duly marked!  cool.gif.f1113474be0ae0f9dd26ab25355d6b54.gif

1282107397_FanFair(2).thumb.png.f08a1a8c5990a3c4782ff2fe03dfd68d.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fan Fair 2024 is in Lebanon, Indiana July 31-August 3. We are trying something a bit different from past Fan Fairs, in that the Bourse is separate from the Hotels. The Bourse is at the Boone County Fairgrounds in the Witham Pavilion. It is a 12000 sq. ft facility with restrooms, conference rooms, and a kitchen. The host hotels are the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn Express, both almost next to each other, at exit 140 (SR 32) in Lebanon. Holiday inn 1-765-483-4100, Hampton Inn 1-765-481-2920 Mention the AFCA room rate     About three miles from the Bourse. There are also 4 other hotels right there Motel 6, Quality Inn, Econo Lodge, and Crossroads Inn. Many restaurants and eateries in the area, along with some brew pubs in Lebanon, Zionsville, and Whitestown. The Museum is about 12 miles from the Bourse and will be open each day for visitors. 

T-shirts are being designed and will be ready for pre-order by March. The raffle fan is being reworked. It is a GE Kidney Oscillator, donated by Tom Frampton, with a brass gear box made by Dave Dalsin. It should be in George Durbin's hand by mid February. We would like to put on four seminars during Fan Fair. We need subjects and presenters, so if there is something you'd like to see covered, speak up. Eddie or I can put one on covering one speed coin ops if there is an interest.

As we learn a bit more, we will share it here and on the FB page. 

Edited by Kim Frank
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kim Frank said:

T-shirts are being designed and will be ready...

And spelll-checked?  wondering.gif.cc83ffc0bfb4ae2ed963514a81ad1406.gif

FanFair,...
         I can hardly wait!  cool.gif.bb707663fd6111e849e92cd2cd145535.gif

Edited by Jim Kovar
  • Haha 1

The Museum Tees present a dilemma....We're out of several sizes. Do we reorder a corrected version or LLLeave it as is?

• Haha 1

Change of plans****It has been brought to our attention that the raffle fan for Fan Fair 2024 will be a GE one speed coin op. This fan was been graciously donated by Chuck and Jeanne Abernathy. It was the Raffle fan for Fan Fair 2013 in St. Louis and Chuck had the winning ticket. The coin op was painted by Carlton Ward, with many others being involved. I did the final assembly and testing. There is a story about the fan in The Fan Collector Magazine for April 2013. 

Right now, Chad Baker has the fan. Once he is done photographing it, he will send it to me. I'll check it out, making sure it operates correctly. Once that is done, it will be handed over to George Durbin to sell tickets.

Here are some pictures from a post in the old AFCA forum. Check them out and contact George for your chance to win this beautiful fan.

Raffle Fan 2013.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 3.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 7.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 4.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 8.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 2.jpg

Raffle Fan 2013 6.JPG

Raffle Fan 2013 5.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Google "2013 Raffle fan" on old forum to see the stories about the fan...

Eddie and I will finish up the GE kidney oscillator and decide at a later date what to do with it. It will be a customized fan with Foss overtones....

Edited by Kim Frank
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kim Frank said:

Google "2013 Raffle fan" on old forum to see the stories about the fan...

Eddie and I will finish up the GE kidney oscillator and decide at a later date what to do with it. It will be a customized fan with Foss overtones....

Auction it off at the FF Banquet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Would love to have that raffle fan its my dream fan a coin operated one. I’ll have to purchase more tickets then I did before