Swap Brass for Micarta blade on Westinghouse

Anthony Lindsey

I think the Micarta blades were used on motors with six poles.   A Westy brass blade can be swapped for Micarta if the brass blade is one of the very last ones (12" only) that were used on a 6 pole motor.   Used only for a year or two in the early 20s.   And a Micarta blade needs to be used only on 6 pole motors (12 and 16" only).

Edited by Steve Stephens
addition

I have done this, current draw was about the same, but airflow was reduced due to the low speed. Most if not all brass Wesy 16” fans were four pole.

5 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Most if not all brass Wesy 16” fans were four pole.

That is                                                almost correct Stan.   There was one or two years that the 12" Westy had brass 6-wing blade with a high pitch and it, likse the year before it, the brass blade was painted a dull black.    I had one; a very nice fan with 6 pole motor.                                                  I think only one or two years were made with the brass high pitched blade.

Anthony,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You can put a brass blade on that fan but I don't think there are any deeply pitched Westy blades so the air output from doing so would be much                                                  less.

Edited by Steve Stephens
add into
  • Like 1