Has anyone ever made repop gear boxes for the GE AOU?

Tim Babcock

Louis Luu has been working on reproducing one of those.  He has samples for scanning, etc.   not sure where he’s at but I do know it’s not going to be an easy task.   I haven’t hear an update in a while but I’m sure the holidays and weather have impacted him as much as any of us.   

I’m sure he’ll post up if he sees this post.  

oh, not sure of the model year he’s using for scanning, not do I know of the evolution of the gearbox design over time.   That said, I’m not sure if it will be as “universal” as most of us hope.   There are very experienced here and someone should be able to address that.  

16 minutes ago, John Landstrom said:

Louis Luu has been working on reproducing one of those.  He has samples for scanning, etc.   not sure where he’s at but I do know it’s not going to be an easy task.   I haven’t hear an update in a while but I’m sure the holidays and weather have impacted him as much as any of us.   

I’m sure he’ll post up if he sees this post.  

oh, not sure of the model year he’s using for scanning, not do I know of the evolution of the gearbox design over time.   That said, I’m not sure if it will be as “universal” as most of us hope.   There are very experienced here and someone should be able to address that.  

No scanning....I draw them from scratch.  On the back burner for the time being....I still need to catch up on some work on badges.  Let me see if I can find some pictures of where I'm at.