Search for information

Dan Nguyen

I'm looking for information about this fan's producer, do you have any information? 
Please share with me!

Thanksss!

IMG_7768.jpeg

The motor construction and singular braiding weave of the armature coils on these unique art-deco beauties solidly points to Marelli even though I've not yet located one with any nameplate. And that wouldn't surprise us, would it Dan? For some very strange and unknown reason, nearly all the DC Marelli ceiling fan motors we've found aren't actually labeled "Marelli" on them anywhere. No tag, label, plaque or casting identifier at all. Even Marelli's ornate and grand Vortice model only had the name stamped in ink on the cast iron motor body, hidden underneath the fancy motor basket, where absolutely no one could see it.

Chuck Abernathy had one of these motors and he told me it came to him from Pakistan. I've located many but only from India, so perhaps Marelli designed them just for the East Asian markets. Which makes some sense: the motor has a certain aesthetic to it.

I would love to find these in a catalog to get an accurate idea of their circa, along with specs. But Marelli catalog information seems difficult to locate. Actually, ALL catalog information from non-US makers seems super hard to find. Even domestic (USA) manufacturer catalog information on fans destined for foreign markets is sparse at best. 

Edited by Evan Atkinson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spelling aside, it's a certainty that's a Marelli, though the art nouveau/deco irons aren't to be found... yet...

image.thumb.jpeg.e05efffee7250c06c4a45ddac5f017d9.jpeg

• Like 1

Excellent find Steve. Your archives prove invaluable time and again. This image confirms my thoughts, finally. The only snippet of official info on these we’ve ever found. 👏🏻

The second image is no particular help, and the numbers are almost too pristine and without perspective, but that's what's there to be seen...

image.jpeg.11f0c4ef96a448b2f70aaf83d273872c.jpeg

image.jpeg.3c18458f755e1149182b00676d10f762.jpeg

Fantastic! Your find mirrors our experience of Marelli DC ceiling fan motors having absolutely no manufacturer’s tag at all. Only stenciled or stamped identification.

Curious: the first picture that says “CC 220” looks like you zoomed in. Where on the motor body casing was that located?

image.jpeg.358c57c1e83987fabc99a8bc6cdc52ce.jpeg

And...

They're found!

image.thumb.jpeg.0a864d54f675be3b244df92c5f1bf95f.jpeg

My estimate is the black & white photo is 1909

Edited by Steve Rockwell
  • Thanks 1