Peacock

Marc Sova

So what year approximately is this peacock from? What was the original finish?  The rear of the motor sort of looks chrome or nickel…. The cage almost seems more like Silver paint. 
   What is the correct coupler for the oscillator arm? I put a small screw and nut in there just to steady it. Also not sure the long bolt and square nut is all that’s supposed to be there holding the fan to the base? Any washers? Anyone got some good pix of this area on a nice peacock? 
  In general, I have to say how unimpressed I am with the overall build quality of this fan. Kind of surprised they’re so collectible. I mean it strikes me as kind of cheap like the Emerson Seagull. Thanks. 

IMG_5693.jpeg

IMG_5694.jpeg

IMG_5695.jpeg

IMG_5696.jpeg

About 1934-1935 if memory serves? I seem to recall the finish on these and the accompanying R&M "Radio Fan" being a gunmetal Bronze color, kinda patina'ed. R&M had a specific name for it which I'll add if I can find it in my photos. Don't quote me though: they may have had more than one finish. Not an expert on these. But the finish on my radio fan looks about the same as yours.

• Like 1

I have 2 of them with different paint color schemes. If I get a chance this weekend I’ll post some pics. 

• Like 1