Colonial Front Oscillator OB18

Marc Sova

Any info on this colonial front oscillator? I’m guessing early teens (or a bit earlier since tab foot?). Looks like it has the wrong cage on it.  No idea if it works yet. Looks like some bits of wire just inside the vent hold at back….if I can get to those without dismantling it just yet, what ohm readings might I expect? 

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5684.jpeg

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5686.jpeg

IMG_5688.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5690.jpeg

IMG_5691.jpeg

• Like 1

If memory serves they are or can be centrifugal start. That's probably the 2 wires you see. The sackett mine tag is the bees knees. 

35 minutes ago, Michael Rathberger said:

If memory serves they are or can be centrifugal start. That's probably the 2 wires you see. The sackett mine tag is the bees knees. 

I mean, I assume that’s just who sold the fan….or who owned it? So you don’t think that hurts the value? Kind a wish they would’ve have done a better job mounting. It looks like they had to cut a corner of it off. 

First, I owe you a thank you. I pulled a stewarts old mint catalogue of mine because they rebadged and sold peerless colonial fans. I was hoping to find a date for you but no luck. However,  in the back was a 100 bill. Must have been stashing fan money back then. I've not looked at it for 15 years. 2001 issue bill.

That said, yes, sackett mine was probably a reseller, sold electric specially to mining companies. The Colonial tag is the maker. In my opinion it enhances the value. Not a huge amount but I'd pay a premium to have it.

I have to go now. I have at least 15 catalogues to go through...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Michael Rathberger said:

First, I owe you a thank you. I pulled a stewarts old mint catalogue of mine because they rebadged and sold peerless colonial fans. I was hoping to find a date for you but no luck. However,  in the back was a 100 bill. Must have been stashing fan money back then. I've not looked at it for 15 years. 2001 issue bill.

That said, yes, sackett mine was probably a reseller, sold electric specially to mining companies. The Colonial tag is the maker. In my opinion it enhances the value. Not a huge amount but I'd pay a premium to have it.

I have to go now. I have at least 15 catalogues to go through...

Hah. Do I get a small finders fee??? Lol

Great thread with a happy ending for Mike! I laughed out loud! And I agree with Mike on the second tag - definitely enhances the value!

• Like 1

Brass or steel??? I was reading another post from a few years ago someone had mentioned that some of them had steel I think.