Goldstar 16” Oscillating 3 Speed Tabletop Fan FD-4020 Running backwards

Ken Wessels

Hi. I have an old GoldStar FD-4020 fan that was not working because the 4 button power switch was broken.

l could not find a replacement switch so just figured I’d hot wire it so it’s on when plugged in and off when unplugged.

I disconnected the power chord and tried to bypass the switch to see if the motor still worked. It did work but the fan blade spins backward.

I am an idiot and did not take a picture of which wires went where in the 4 button switch.

There are 4 wires attached to the swtch, red, black, yellow and blue in addition to the two AC power wires.

When I connect AC wires to red and black the fan works but spins backwards (regardless of which AC wire goes to black/red wire…which I think shouldn’t matter anyway unless it’s a DC motor which it isn’t.

any help to figure out how to get this fan working correctly without using the switch would be appreciated.  

two pics of fan wires and switch attached

image.jpeg

IMG_4765.jpeg

WELL, ONE OF YOUR POWER CORD SIDES GOES TO THE WHITE WIRE  ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF YOUR SWITCH , WITHOUT TOUCHING IT IN PERSON IT IS HARD TO TELL WHICH COLORS ARE THE 3 SPEEDS AND WHICH GETS THE LAST WIRE ...KEN WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?