Identify the Fan No. 29

Russ Huber

All Photos Courtesy of miSci      The Museum of Innovation and Science      Schenectady NY

Anything come to mind when you see......what you see?

1.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 1

What comes to mind is the memory of the shock I got as a 4 year old when I slid one of my sisters straight bobby pins into a wall outlet in my bedroom!

All I remember is a “POP - FLASH” and ending up on my butt with burnt fingers and looking down to see the bobby pin had brunt its impression into the wood floor.   Of course mom was pissed after she knew I was okay.   So, if you find me a bit “eccentric” you might know why now……

Edited by John Landstrom
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

Anything come to mind when you see......what you see?

9 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

1.jpg

Huber 16821 (1).jpg

There is clear evidence of the purpose of the geared mechanism, and a clearly seen fan motor component seen to PIN down the fan motor manufacturer. Who will be the first to nail one, if not both answers??

• Russ Huber changed the title to Identify the Fan No. 29
13 minutes ago, Patrick Ray said:

Some sort of coin op mechanism?

You have one of two.....can you spot the other clue to pin down the fan it is on??

colorful-aerial-fireworks-mkc06b9dy8iqk08f.gif

Edited by Russ Huber

There are a number of established members here that own either an oscillating or stationary fan motor manufactured by the company that the prepayment device is attached to. You are going to slap yourself on the forehead that you missed the clue that YOU own and are looking at above if you can't ID before it is revealed. Focus, people. The clue is like a sore thumb. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jeff Rusnak said:

Coin Op Oscillating fan ? 

Hey Jeff, 

It has been determined a coin-op, or prepayment fan. Oscillating or stationary is irrelevant for the fan the prepayment device is attached to. There is a component seen on the images above that is characteristic of the fan motor manufacturer the prepayment device is attached to. That component will identify the manufacturer of the fan.

12 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

The fan manufacturer clue is looking right at you. Fact Jack. Focus!  This photo alone holds the clue.

Huber 16821 (1).jpg

Reminds me of the Westinghouse Coin-op housing but it is missing a few parts for confirmation.  Never been inside a GE Coin-op before.

21 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Reminds me of the Westinghouse Coin-op housing but it is missing a few parts for confirmation.  Never been inside a GE Coin-op before.

The good news is the fan the prepayment device is attached to is neither of the above mentioned. A fair amount of collectors looking at this post own fans with the clue clearly seen here to pin down the fan manufacturer.

Huber 16821 (1).jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Is the oiler part of the clue?  Pittsburg/Menominee?

It is up to you to determine the clue and manufacturer, not me. 

Menominee oil cup the same on my snowflake. I don't know the model.

Edited by Stephen Chew

19 minutes ago, Stephen Chew said:

Menominee oil cup the same on my snowflake. I don't know the model.

Both oscillating, and non-oscillators. 🙂

IMG_20161205_143414512.jpg

Huber 16821 (1).jpg

cup.v1.jpg

colorful-aerial-fireworks-mkc06b9dy8iqk08f.gif

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 1

All Photos Courtesy of miSci      The Museum of Innovation and Science      Schenectady NY

Credited to Steve Rockwell for sharing a view into the past you had damn well better appreciate.

Fans-192892 copy.jpg

Fans-192894 copy.jpg

Menominee.jpg

Fans-192896 copy.jpg

• Like 3