Fanapalooza Possibility

Russ Huber

A complete 1930s Airmaster like in the images seen here is not far from me. It needs cosmetic TLC, but it is a solid fan. No dual speed with capacitor, just a single speed with what appears to be a 6-pole mellow ON-OFF motor. I may be meeting up with Jim to transfer some presold fans to Fanapalooza later March/early April. With Jim's approval I could break down the Airmaster for easier transport.  If anyone is interested and Jim approves to pick it up from me, $200.00 takes it. It is a restoration project with a solid foundation to work with. 

If you're interested at the price I stated, I would get pictures of it, so you know what you're getting into. No interest at my price, not worth the hassle as I have to travel 40 minutes to get it and break it all down.  A dealer I know owns it.  Once again, Jim gets the last word if he will transport the fan or not back to his home. 

Message me if interested.

IMG_6427.thumb.jpeg.7cf62a83477606f99cf424b19062ad4e.jpeg

unnamed.png

unnamed (5).png

unnamed (6).png

Edited by Russ Huber

53 minutes ago, Jim Roadt said:

Jim Approves of picking up any fan you want to sell at Fanapalooza 

Well, here it is in writing folks. Preapproved safe transport to you from me to Jim at the Roadt & Rob FANAPALOOZA fan meet across the state of Wisconsin! 

I swore I wouldn't buy another circulator, but I'll do it if someone wants one of these. It has one of those chrome bands around the motor. Your call! Just message me if you're interested and I will get some pictures. It is all there, just needs love. The Pedestal breaks down into 3 sections. 

The base and pedestal are black wrinkle finish. You can sandblast it down, or you can scrub down and wire brush/wheel the areas exposed and oxidized (rust) and apply new black wrinkle from a rattle can. 

Airmaster8.jpg

Airmaster55.jpg

fans 1 1453.jpg

Hey Russ, 

I'll take the Airmaster should it still be available.  I will p/u at Fanapalooza or arrange for a delegate.  Let me know if you would like pre-payment.

Thanks,

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Hankes said:

Hey Russ, 

I'll take the Airmaster should it still be available.  I will p/u at Fanapalooza or arrange for a delegate.  Let me know if you would like pre-payment.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve

I assume you are coming to fanapalooza...that would be great... please let me know what days you are coming and how many so I can add you to the roster.

It helps with food prep

1 hour ago, Steve Hankes said:

Hey Russ, 

Thanks,

Steve

This is a complete project fan for restoration. I will get some pictures in near future. If you see something you don't like and want to back out, no problem. If things work out for me to transport to Jim, you or someone representing you must pick up the fan at the meet and pay Jim cash.  

3 hours ago, Jim Roadt said:

Hi Steve

I assume you are coming to fanapalooza...that would be great... please let me know what days you are coming and how many so I can add you to the roster.

It helps with food prep

Hi Jim, 

Yes, we will attend , both days I believe.  I will confirm with my handler.  Please let me know if there is something that we can supply.

2 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

This is a complete project fan for restoration. I will get some pictures in near future. If you see something you don't like and want to back out, no problem. If things work out for me to transport to Jim, you or someone representing you must pick up the fan at the meet and pay Jim cash.  

Russ,

I am totally good with a "project fan" and will give it some love after I give somebody some cash at Fanapalooza pt. deux

4 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

You or someone representing you must pick up the fan at the meet and pay Jim cash.  

The important part is you follow through with the quote above, being Patrick is involved, I know there won't be a problem. Jim will put a contract out on me if no one picks up the fan. I don't want to live in fear looking behind my back. 🙂

I think that Airmaster pedestal model and blade is cool beans. I will get on it and meet with the dealer before the weeks out.  The guard on the one the dealer has is different than the one I used to have years ago pictured.

Airmaster11.jpg

unnamed (6).png

Edited by Russ Huber

All good.  The Airmaster really has some nice deco magic goin' on.   We'll catch up.  I won't bum anybody out with a lack of follow through 🙂

8 minutes ago, Steve Hankes said:

I won't bum anybody out with a lack of follow through 🙂

These are some of Jim's close friends, so it is in your best interests you follow through, for your sake and mine. 🙂

130619195349-03-james-gandolfini.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve, I said RESTORATION project. As I stated, everything is ALL THERE. No missing parts. I went and picked it up today and broke it down.  I test powered the motor good. with blade off. These motors have ball bearings, if necessary, they may be able to be repacked. New ball bearings can be ordered, IF NECESSARY, by taking your old ones into a bearing shop. It has a 20" blade.

Take a good look and if you still want it, I will transport it to Jim for the Fanpalozza meet for agreed price posted above. If you don't want it, no problem, you are not obligated to purchase. Just post here one way or the other. 

The base on this thing is beefy cast iron for sure. 

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

IMG_5414.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

10 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

Steve,...

Take a good look and if you still want it, I will transport it to Jim for the Fanpalozza meet for agreed price posted above...

Hey Russ,

Thanks for retrieving, breaking down and posting the pics of the Airmaster.  Heck yeah, I'm in...  I see potential / beauty too!  I will load it in the car at Fanapalooza after handing you some Benjamins. 

Steve

Posted (edited)

That's the spirit!  It has the same motor on the model I posted above from pictures I took from the old website. Big benefit that comes with it is the 1140 RPM motor 6 pole motor. You will be able to hold a conversation in the same room with it running. 🙂

IMG_5419.JPG

unnamed.png.103a19f3cc450e31e479758bfd878d7e.png

1801375017_unnamed(5).png.5f57d8833d16f9ec0d1c727395309aa7.png

Edited by Russ Huber