Early Fort Wayne BMY

Donald Mezzapella

Fan won't start without a nudge. Spins freely without much effort.  Runs smooth. Any help with diagnosis will be appreciated.  Thanks Don. 

Post pics of the switch, and mark the head wire locations at the switch then detach them and measure the resistance between each pair of headwires and post them here. You can’t take the measurements with the headwire connected. Don’t mess with the motor end. 

There were several motor types used on the BMY with different starting methods. We need to see what you have. 
That’s the first step, and we’ll go from there. Can’t help you much without that info.  

Bad headwire, bad connections, bad resistance coil, bad start winding in stator, all could be the culprit. 

Edited by Lane Shirey

lane, Thank you for reply. I have to have unexpected med procedure done this week, so won't be able to check out fan until I get back. Don

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Donald Mezzapella said:

lane, Thank you for reply. I have to have unexpected med procedure done this week, so won't be able to check out fan until I get back. Don

Hope it turns out well!  Hopefully you recover fast and can get back to your fan soon!