Estate Sale Find Emerson 29648

Ron Gibson

On 3/9/2024 at 12:55 PM, Ron Gibson said:

I'm unsure

20240309_135305.jpg

I'm not sure either? The rivets on my 1930 look like they're steel? The paint on your motor cover around the brass ID plate looks like they may have taped/masked the plate in place when restoring ?

On 3/9/2024 at 2:19 PM, Russ Huber said:

What is strange is the Emerson fan motor catalogues available dating 1928 and 1930 do not support a 29648 model. The 16" models listed are 73648 models. Maybe I missed something? The 1930 catalogue supports a 29646 model. 

Yet, your 29648 fan and a few others like it exist. In 1931 Emerson dropped the brass wings for steel.

I've long suspected a lot of incomplete and inaccurate information on Emerson. 

A lot of people don't understand for example that a 73648 can have an earlier Parker blade than a 29648. There have been too many of them in good to excellent original condition for it to be a fluke.

I also don't believe, for example, the entirety of the 19XXX run spans just 1914-18. That covers a stretch from long tag BB/BC with cast hub to rectangular tag BB/SC with steel hub, and a handle on the motor. That's a lot of changes in 4 years while they were dragging out single changes in other series over years. 

Two examples of 73 below, overhead shot is mine showing the very good condition finish on body, blades, and tag

FB_IMG_1711248333452.jpg

FB_IMG_1711248313735.jpg

1 hour ago, Nicholas Denney said:

I've long suspected a lot of incomplete and inaccurate information on Emerson. 

A lot of people don't understand for example that a 73648 can have an earlier Parker blade than a 29648. There have been too many of them in good to excellent original condition for it to be a fluke.

I also don't believe, for example, the entirety of the 19XXX run spans just 1914-18. That covers a stretch from long tag BB/BC with cast hub to rectangular tag BB/SC with steel hub, and a handle on the motor. That's a lot of changes in 4 years while they were dragging out single changes in other series over years. 

Two examples of 73 below, overhead shot is mine showing the very good condition finish on body, blades, and tag

FB_IMG_1711248333452.jpg

FB_IMG_1711248313735.jpg

Bill Hoehn had Emerson catalogues between 1925-27. I am not sure he had all three.  Someone must have got them out there looking in. Until we get catalogue or electrical trade information that extends beyond 1924 through 1927, I don't blow hot air about what I don't know for sure. The Emerson BUILT TO LAST pyramid badge trademark was filed June 9, 1925.  They were using the trademark later 25 during motor season. I would speculate at this point the pyramid badge was in use in 1926. Just when the 73xxx models were implemented to the fan motor line........?? I need proof. The 1928 Emerson fan motor catalogue supports the 73xxx models.

If you want to prove your point about the 19xxx models, strut your stuff and start posting factual documentation and images to support your opinion. 

BuiltTo Last25.v1.jpg

content.png

content (2).jpg

My other big question, what's the significance of the K, N, T prefixes on the serials of the 29/73 fans?