Westinghouse Sidewinder

Anthony Lindsey

I can get this fan for $50 but I have to take it down.  Blades are there and look in Good condition.

Thoughts?

20240313_153041.jpg

20240313_153125.jpg

Edited by Anthony Lindsey
  • Like 2

• Anthony Lindsey changed the title to Westinghouse Sidewinder

Not bad. Protect the pull chain switch at the end, even though it was originally a rotary version. Does it have the ceiling canopy and a twist-covered downrod?

Crap,  didn't look. I was standing on a narrow box that I thought was going to collapse any moment.   I will look at it next time 

Yes, get it. I think the later sidewinders used this switch, I’ve seen too many with it to be coincidence

• Like 1

I've seen them with pull chains from the factory. $50 I'd take that without even thinking AND I get to take it down to make sure its not damaged. I

• Like 1

I'm on it,  will grab it next week barring any setbacks 

Awesome. I view that as a "can't lose" situation. You could instantly double your money if and when you decided you didn't need or want the fan. Otherwise it's a couple hundred dollars to the right buyer with some cleanup and servicing. 

The best part is if you can take it down because you can make sure the blades and, more importantly, the switch are not damaged. Don't lose the blade mounting screws either, it's a weird thread.

Thanks,  picking up (taking it down) next week. 

TOO BAD YOU CANT TAKE THE CEILING WITH YOU TOO! ...IT WOULD BE COOL  TO RESTORE ! ...GOOD CATCH ON THE FAN ! 

The ceiling is for sale I'm sure.   I didn't ask but I would bet itvis.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct switch as others have said. Yes, lots of em had rotary snap switches but I’ve definitely seen em with these pull chain snap switches, as well.