Larry Hancock Superior Electric Stuff

Russ Huber

You know, I don't think anyone including myself ever dug into Superior before. There is plenty of their fans out there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

You know, I don't think anyone including myself ever dug into Superior before. There is plenty of their fans out there. 

The building on Independence was torn down recently.

They didn’t make a high quality fan, but I have a soft spot for them since they were close to where I live.  Bout as close as Cairo…

34 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

They didn’t make a high quality fan, but I have a soft spot for them since they were close to where I live.  Bout as close as Cairo…

They are a part of fan motor history, they matter. I have a 12" Signal here that was engineered mid 30s after Henry Tideman's death in 35. It is well constructed, nice condition, and runs beautifully and quiet. I had it in my sale listing of fans that Jim Roadt kindly transported for me to the Indy meet last year. I had $60 on it and not one soul would give it the time of day. Signal and Superior fan lives matter.  🙂 

7 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

They are a part of fan motor history, they matter. I have a 12" Signal here that was engineered mid 30s after Henry Tideman's death in 35. It is well constructed, nice condition, and runs beautifully and quiet. I had it in my sale listing of fans that Jim Roadt kindly transported for me to the Indy meet last year. I had $60 on it and not one soul would give it the time of day. Signal and Superior fan lives matter.  🙂 

Amen!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 1:30 PM, Russ Huber said:

Superior origin in St. Louis 23.

content.jpg

Russ,  If I may ask, where did you find this document?  It references two more articles,  Superior Electric - The War Years and The Men Behind Superior Electric.