Emersons still in service at a shrine

Frank McCormack

While at a wedding yesterday at the Shrine of St. Joseph in downtown St. Louis, I saw 5 of these 1960s vintage Emersons hanging on the columns. I think I was the only one to notice them.

20220219_151452.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

This story about fans in church is exactly how my love of FANS came about. As a little boy in the early 1950’s my family went to church every Sunday, in the Atlanta area. No air conditioning back then. The church was long and had many fans mounted on the wall on each side. Of course I don’t remember any Sermons! But I sure do remember those oscillating fans and the rest is history!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Hankes said:

Truly fans "in service" .. Now please open your hymnals to #77646

And the Lord gave the world Parker blades and said, "Thou shalt run thy fan true and quiet."

On 3/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, Malcolm MacGregor said:

This story about fans in church is exactly how my love of FANS came about. As a little boy in the early 1950’s my family went to church every Sunday, in the Atlanta area. No air conditioning back then. The church was long and had many fans mounted on the wall on each side. Of course I don’t remember any Sermons! But I sure do remember those oscillating fans and the rest is history!

I have similar memories from my childhood church in Ozora, MO.