Fan Identification?

Sean Campbell

13 hours ago, Sean Campbell said:

Guess we may never know what it is for certain, but it really makes me wonder about that 1905 ish AC Lundell...

Sprague announces in 05 in American Electrician no changes from what was announced in 04 electrical trade.

Sprague05.v1.jpg

Sprague06.v1.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

This may explain the removal of the brushed Lundell AC fan motor for the 1903 fan motor season. My bet is the newly absorbed Sprague Electric Co. in 02 removed the AC Lundell for the 03 season and eventually replaced it with the GE cake shortly after.

SpragueGE02.v1.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

Just replying to the cage being steel.   It's a dead match to the same in brass.   The little wrap around wires on the front ring are kind of unique to Sprague/Lundell.   Here's a fan you'd never expect to see with a steel blade and a steel cage, but that's what it has.  Steel and steel.  

7AE0B88C-BE3A-41CD-9AE3-260F33DD0BC2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

My bet is this rebadged GE was Sprague's early AC offering in swivel-trunnion.

The coolest Sprague
logo badge for sure!

Screenshot_20220322-173610_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3da4948b18c1c853f0a71a128461878.jpg

Sean, what is the story behind the fan? You bought it from someone, what did that someone have to say about the history of your fan in question?

Is there holes in the base column where a tag would have been? 

23 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

Sean, what is the story behind the fan? You bought it from someone, what did that someone have to say about the history of your fan in question?

Is there holes in the base column where a tag would have been? 

I know very little about it other than the original seller said it had been restored by a club member in the past.

I could enquire more on it. I will also check the base this weekend for holes from the inside.

• 1 month later...

Though I've found no sign of it having been so... have to wonder if legal threat made the beauteous first Sprague badge disappear...

1305177674_OldSpragueBadgew.SingerLogo.thumb.png.762b32c2ebc029678a37e1552edd1a1e.png

Reminiscent of G.E. dingbats at the ends of the Sprague banner...