GE Collar Oscillator gear

Anthony Lindsey

3 hours ago, Mel Lagarde said:

Louis

If you make these gears for a 12” and 16” I will take one of each.  Thank you,

Mel

Luckily, the gears are large enough and the teeth are not that fine.  If the teeth were fine, that would be problematic for printing.

Geoff just mailed out the gears Tuesday.  I should be receiving them soon.  The first step is to clean them.  Look at the teeth.  From there, I will start the drawing process.  Any threading will be done after the parts are threaded.  Can someone post a chart for recommended tap size hole?  I can't find this.  I want to have the holes drawn and tapping will be straight forward without drilling.

I just got the gears from Geoff.  The teeth is pristine and I will be able to draw this.  I thought the brass gears were going to be much bigger.  Turns out the brass gears are really not that big so printing in brass is not going to be too expensive.  The pot metal bevel gears is easy to do.  I will need to do a thorough cleaning and measure. 

I think I might print one in all steel to see if there are noise issues.  If there are no noise issue, I would rather do steel than brass for durability.