What on Earth am I looking at?!?!?! I need the big brains to weigh in.

Steve Butler

Here’s all the pictures I have.   The base is wood.  I’m guessing some form of frankenfan.  The motor looks cool though.  Any thoughts what this is or was?  

492122A3-BF86-4E57-B276-4ADACA4C30E7.jpeg

B82C415D-D3AF-49DE-92CB-2AC3B2129EC3.jpeg

CAA42BFB-241E-4A9F-A774-C05824AF4199.jpeg

A7178212-1F97-44AC-BC11-EDB404E5AC5D.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Cunningham said:

I’ve seen one like that before. it’ll come to me.

Dust off your thinking cap Steve.  I need to figure out if its worth buying and killing a day to go and get.  Thanks for any help.   

Thanks Alberto!  At least it appears to have started out as an actual fan.  Obviously I will never find a base in ten lifetimes. What’s the consensus?  Do I go ahead, make an offer, and kill nine hours to get it?   Not like I haven’t done that numerous times in the past to get good stuff. Your options are welcomed.   

Obviously the price is always a factor but if it's "reasonable" from your point of view, I would go. I think is still an interesting and unique piece 🙂

Do you have any picture showing how the fan is attached to the base?

Louis Luu could reproduce that cast base in a heartbeat.  That of course is up to Louis Luu. I would say roughly 10k would warm him up a bit for the task. 🙂

I can see the electrical trade image of the fan plain as day in my head, I can't pin down what year for sure. I am sure Kovar is on it as I type. 🙂

In the pics off eBay the base to me looks like porcelain.

That is a neat fan!Looks like the cylinders on an old airplane.

• Like 1

Donna already decided where it’s going in the house and I haven’t even made an offer yet. 😁  She loves the tiny fans.  

12 minutes ago, Steve Butler said:

Donna already decided where it’s going in the house and I haven’t even made an offer yet. 😁  She loves the tiny fans.  

In that case, try to convince her to get more along the way.  Worth a try.

7 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

In that case, try to convince her to get more along the way.  Worth a try.

Last week was our 32 anniversary.   For our 28th we drove to Detroit to pick up a Trojan.  She’s a keeper. 

• Like 1

I enlarged the tag on Alberto's ebay example to gain as much as I can. The top of the tag I am fairly confident states THE ZEPHYR. Listed underneath is what appears to be the manufacturer or agency name. The address is below that. The forth row appears to be BOSTON, MASS.

I'd leave the base alone as no one has a d amn clue if it is original, or not. 

If someone out there owns that ebay model Alberto posted and is watching this post with a p oop eating grin on your face because you know what that tag states, shame on you. Fact Jack.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

I'd leave the base alone as no one has a d amn clue if it is original, or not. 

If someone out there owns that ebay model Alberto posted and is watching this post with a p oop eating grin on your face because you know what that tag states, shame on you. Fact Jack.

I don't own it.  Let me dig around.  I remember seeing it....German fan?

Usually I save all of them. I do not believe there a was a picture of the tag...that said, is too long ago and I could be wrong 🙂