VARIAC ALTERNATIVE ??

Roger Borg

Has anyone purchased or used this variac?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165626644011?hash=item26901e062b:g:nUUAAOSwk6di-FRd&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4GOtRRCh0pMzVv2fJiWTklAWFlKXI0AExmMrc1bylvgPU8DLdk2Avmr8y%2FJmzjnk28KH16jvuC2uviknWPfAfNK0FJv4wQ4auoXLJ79exfFv1NqpntRNAUOnxz679%2BqKlb%2BxIfSVr5sfskIe9olZKzzqu3zk%2FRVpJjYqdH7dXqAXXKPr3P1HpjqpOpxJ5m8KiQcZWA5ElhYPyBtQ40amjO7MXOhIC5BQHOSIe2xZhN4qtnVMjBw0DIpHA4FPOl9W4nb0fxnHk3ZAb0FdWKSO2dZvQjMI7DjCfbuXNyeyQn%2Bz|tkp%3ABFBMuoDzvfNg

I was considering the kb electronics kbwc-15k that john mccomas suggested as an alternative to a variac, but once shipping is factored in, it's pretty much the same cost.

Would love a vintage variac with a built in meter, but haven't been able to find one, so looking at the aforementioned instead.

But didn't know if it was junk from overseas. Thanks...

Junk from overseas. I can't believe you can't find a real Variac, I have dozens, maybe I need to check eBay myself as I haven't bought one in a while...

There's a whole bunch of used models on eBay right now, many for under $100. I just dropped $75 one I don't already have, thanks a lot!

Lab Volt.jpg

Roger, I have a variac I could part with if you're still looking. It is rated for roughly 8 amp if memory serves me right?  Message me if you're interested.