Cool looking early tab foot, but who's

Jesse Sanders

Peerless and Peerless could not get Hassler’s Patent usage from Westinghouse. Do, for two years they made fans that were not self starting. Dayton used the spin start. The motor was turned on, but started by spinning the disc on back. Peerless used the kick start version

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robert Winter said:

Yes, please show

You have to wait a tad. I have to send a check for $5 to get 20 pages of a 36 page catalogue.  Hopefully my 20 pages have what we seek.

1 hour ago, Steve Cunningham said:

Peerless and Peerless could not get Hassler’s Patent usage from Westinghouse. Do, for two years they made fans that were not self starting. Dayton used the spin start. The motor was turned on, but started by spinning the disc on back. Peerless used the kick start version

Tesla's motor patent for the AC Tesla was actually designed to be self-starting. Hassler's wire wound shade patent was an assist. The GE cake shades I am fairly confident were protected by earlier Thomson AC motor patent.  Did you read something that you make reference to Hassler's shaded pole start patent being and issue for Peerless/Dayton? You made reference to this once before in past. I am not calling you out, I am just curious where you got this information from?

The  Dayton spin start is going to a very lucky person!!! The first one that I have seen in a auction.

Edited by Stephen Chew

I’ve never seen any documentation. We always assumed that’s why Dayton and Peerless used the starting feature.