GE fan restore.

Paul Carmody

I was hasty on my evaluation on Brasso.I was buffing another fan blade by hand with Mothers, it was really shining the blade but no matter how I scrubbed it was not taking out the corrosion on the blade tips and small spots.I knew the Brasso has a lot of ammonia and whatever else.It quickly removed the corrosion.It’s not that great on shine but it’s a good starting point for the Mothers.

Edited by Paul Carmody

At the front door waiting for my precious to be taken away to it’s new home.

FOR THE MOON NEVER BEAMS WITHOUT BRINGING ME A DREAM OF THE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GE.

7347B318-ADB8-4B5F-A7AB-BF203D516057.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

On 9/2/2022 at 1:37 AM, Paul Carmody said:

I now have the brads and they worked well.They are very small and would not work for the ID plate.They are about half the head size and not robust enough.The originals were painted black.If anyone needs a set of brads for this style base  plate,pre 1920.This is a 1920 but appears to have left over parts during transition.The base and one brass ring.The attachment screws have been oil blued.

I will send a few sets of(3)no charge if someone needs a set.let me know.

Paul-

can you send me a PM? I'd like to request a few sets of these split brads for a few projects I'm starting on. My account is too new to send PMs yet. Thanks