EMERSON 29668 HOUSING DISASSEMBLY

Gary Tackel

On 11/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, Malcolm MacGregor said:

Here is something that happened to me. Just like your situation, I couldn’t get the pot metal collar off the pivot piece and I knew I was going to replace it with the one Jerry makes.  What I didn’t realize was my pivot piece was made of pot metal too.  Some are steel and some are pot metal. The new collar wouldn’t fit on my pivot piece because it had swollen over the years.  I had to use a file to file the pivot piece down until the new collar finally fit..  something you may incur too!

Actually, you're better off with it being undersized a tad trying to fit it on the big motor pivot. You can then carefully sand down the surface of either the pivot, or inside the collar to get a nice snug fit. The tighter the collar, the better. Just as long as it can be adjusted as intended.

When the die cast collars wear excessively, they start to shift around due to the excessive play on the pivot when the fan is oscillating. 

Edited by Russ Huber