Western electric star badge..

David A Cherry

What makes it a 97? model?  Is it the bottom lower struts that attach to the bottom column.  If that is the case, I have one with the bottom two holes where the struts would attach for a 12 inch WE bipolar.

On 4/20/2022 at 1:25 AM, Russ Huber said:

So what makes you so confident you have a 97 model? 

WE97-2.jpg

WE97.v1.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 12:52 AM, Russ Huber said:

12" and 16" 97 models. 

WE12-97.v1.jpg

WE97-lanczos3.jpg.a6da5fe851dd84d425b6262f90059bab.jpg

Well I’m not so sure right now at all.. evidently I don’t have a 97.. I was just going by what I was told.. mine has three struts and it is attached at the bottom and all the ones in the picture only have two struts.. The motor is more open to the elements than the lighter ones and I think the brushes are slightly different.. if anyone knows the year of my fan I would like to know..

3B6C9227-A8B1-4940-BF93-5B35C2FB707E.jpeg

So apparently they were putting star badges on fans in 97 and 98.. So there should be a lot more of them out there, Then what has turned up so far.. 

2 hours ago, David A Cherry said:

So apparently they were putting star badges on fans in 97 and 98.. So there should be a lot more of them out there, Then what has turned up so far.. 

Star badge 97-99. 1900 electrical trade sports the first open badge image. Good luck with your quest on finding a lot more of the star badges. Keep us posted! 

On 4/26/2022 at 11:54 PM, Russ Huber said:

Star badge 97-99. 1900 electrical trade sports the first open badge image. Good luck with your quest on finding a lot more of the star badges. Keep us posted! 

It’s extremely amazing to me why there are not more of them...  3 full years of production and there  are all but 3 or so left In existence.. Maybe the star was made of candy, and disappeared in the belly’s of mischievous children.. I am befuddled.. surely there is an answer out there..

Edited by David A Cherry

4 hours ago, David A Cherry said:

It’s extremely amazing to me why there are not more of them...  3 full years of production and they are all but 3 or so missing.. Maybe the star was made of candy, and disappeared in the belly’s of mischievous children.. I am befuddled.. surely there is an answer out there..

Hey David....post a close up picture of your badge.  We'll find your some star badges.