Shedd Electric & Mfg. Co./Weyant/Sittmann & Pitt Fan Motor At The Pan American Expo. 1901

Russ Huber

That fistfight comment cracked me up...

More names........Whew...

And towards the end of it all:

644980640_1915ElizabethDirectory-HarryShedd.png.0f656e8d65e6b2d172c4f8fd48745efb.png

Edited by Steve Rockwell

Not sure if we will ever pin down EXACTLY WHO manufactured those Weyant oscillating mechanisms they bolted fan motors from the open market into in 01. The only thing that is clear is Weyant dumped Sittmann & Pitt in Oct. 1st of 01. My bet is there were only a couple of handfuls of those devices made, and they were for most part on display at the Pan American Expo. in 01.  I can't pin down anything to support Shedd fans on the market past 11 season.

Automotive Engineering - Google Books

53 minutes ago, Steve Rockwell said:

That fistfight comment cracked me up...

Thanks to your talent digging up ephemera on the Weyant family's dirty laundry, they appear to define the word dysfunctional. 🙂

It is stated in electrical trade the 03 'IMPROVED' 03 "Comfort" oscillating DC fan motor could oscillate on a tilted position, as opposed to the 02 introduction model which was restricted to a level surface. It appears the 03 model was on the market from 03 introduction through 08 season.

Another feature Shedd emphasizes on in electrical trade is the rear brush holder position on the 02 model is the spring/brush force against the radial commutator pushing the armature forward while when the motor/blade is in operation forcing the armature backward centralizing the armature for free spin. The goal is the armature is not in contact with the front or rear bearing surface.

Shedd02-2-lanczos3.jpg

Shedd-02-2.jpg.74ffc13ad02bdd26c1947b6348a46b19.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

1904 Roth & Eck radial commutator fan motor brush arrangement.

RothECK94.JPG

IC Lundell's first 95 introduction AC fan motor brush arrangement.

attachment-5_php.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

The Shedd DC "Comfort" oscillating fan motor did not have a conventional German silver resistance wire wound speed control rheostat. It was.....more heavy duty than that. Fact jack.

Edited by Russ Huber