A very nice Lumanaire

Terry Fisher

This one cleaned up real good. It is on a lazy susan so the fan can be turned to view the back. Paint and shades are original.

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0347.jpeg

Edited by Terry Fisher
  • Like 6

• Terry Fisher changed the title to A very nice Lumanaire
1 hour ago, Terry Fisher said:

Thanks Russ for all of those ads. I had never seen advertising for that fan.

I am not sure if the detailed paint touch ups on your fan are factory or not? I am not an owner or any authority on these fans to determine that.

I was called by a wealthy antique dealer who lived in Iowa when I lived there briefly. He wanted me to come check out an AB/Jandus gyro issue he wanted me to help him with. He took me into his home and I must have seen at least 3-5? Victor Luminaires. He took me upstairs and showed me his Westinghouse ceiling gyro Paul Graves restored. 

Mike Kearns appears to have caught a snapshot of the auction/sale you purchased your Luminaire from?  It is in the old website post link below.

Victor Luminaire Info - Pre-1950 (Antique) - Antique Fan Collectors Association - AFCA Forums

877_022357_270000000.jpg

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.f200f1b3e1e902fdb4aeed528698e077.jpeg

No touchups on this fan Russ. Also notice the light green shading is even carried over to the blades and breeze spreader vanes.

IMG_0347.jpeg

Edited by Terry Fisher
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Terry Fisher said:

No touchups on this fan Russ. Also notice the light green shading is even carried over to the blades and breeze spreader vanes.

Russell Petta was/is big into the Victor breeze spreader fans and Luminaires. Maybe he has seen one like yours.  Anyone out there have one like Terry's example? Victor advertised Antique brass finish examples. 

What I have trouble with, Terry, is the factory labor cost that would go into your fan for all the additional highlights in the finish on your fan. If it is factory finish as is, I would see it being an expensive special-order Luminaire. Once again, I am not an authority on Luminaires. All of what I have mentioned here aside, it is beautiful. 🙂

877_030005_500000000.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 1

Russ…………Here is that proof you needed. This “factory touch up” was bought from a picker at Canton which is a big swap meet in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. My fan originally came from Iowa many years ago.

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

• Like 2

My wife's luminaire has a similar finish just not as illustrative as Terry's. Darryl used to have the name of it, French something if I recall. The green and red/pink highlights over gold were a finish.

3 hours ago, Terry Fisher said:

Russ…………Here is that proof you needed. 

Hey Terry, I hope you didn't take it like I was calling you out on your fans finish. I have no proof to either support it or contest it through ephemera, documentation,  or electrical trade. That was my point. I will say especially on your example it makes the Luminaire pop!

3 hours ago, Michael Rathberger said:

My wife's luminaire has a similar finish just not as illustrative as Terry's. Darryl used to have the name of it, French something if I recall. The green and red/pink highlights over gold were a finish.

I tried to find the "French Something" finish. Hopefully Darryl will share it here.

Mike, can you take some pictures of your wife's Luminaire and share them, please?

Edited by Russ Huber

I believe I saw one similar to Terry's in past issues that was Lu Daggs. I think it was before 2014? A note it was as colorful as Terry's.

Edited by Stephen Chew

Stephen you are very observant ................ mine was owned by Lu Daggs. She sold it to an AFCA member who just recently sold it to me. I was surprised after all of those years of being in the ownership of fan collectors the fan had never been properly cleaned. 

The models listing posted by Russ includes - The Portable (without sidelights) in Forest Green. Could my 6 wing bladed Luminaire and the 4 wing bladed Luminaire be finished in this Forest Green?  Has anyone seen  "The Portable" model?  Also has anyone seen "The Special" which is finished in black and gleaming chrome? 

Edited by Terry Fisher

Notice how the 4 wing blade fan has red as the dominate color and my 6 wing blade fan has green as the dominate color. The 4 wing fan is much more colorful.

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Edited by Terry Fisher
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Terry Fisher said:

The models listing posted by Russ includes - The Portable (without sidelights) in Forest Green. Could my 6 wing bladed Luminaire and the 4 wing bladed Luminaire be finished in this Forest Green?  Has anyone seen  "The Portable" model?  Also has anyone seen "The Special" which is finished in black and gleaming chrome? 

That came from the massive Mike Kearn's data/image archive. He is very attentive to ephemera shared on ebay listings and elsewhere and puts images to file. I just pulled them up from the old website using key words in the search engine of the old website. He also has/had paid access to old online newspaper. 

4 hours ago, Jim Henderson said:

Perhaps this was a after market finish offered by an outside company.

If it were factory finish, why wouldn't the highlights be consistent? The advertisements available so far appear to only offer one specific color. If I was a manufacturer and went the extra mile with all the finish highlights, those highlights would be in my advertising brochure.  Once again, I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just trying to make sense of the unknown.

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.f200f1b3e1e902fdb4aeed528698e077.jpeg

IMG_0395.thumb.jpeg.ff0fc93232ff1f448fc0a1b701737d0f.jpeg

Edited by Russ Huber