Wiring diagram for hunter a-24 stand fan

Arjun Saini

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

What is wrong with the Levolier switch?

IMG_6780.thumb.jpeg.d2e81f38192807220e3de33076dcdd58.jpeg

Does your Levolier switch look like this on the other side? 

412776002_7074028792673859_7201702477008627062_n.v1 (1).jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

Well I’ll just say it didn’t want to be a switch no more 

4 hours ago, Arjun Saini said:

Well I’ll just say it didn’t want to be a switch no more 

Is the switch pull missing? 

IMG_4030.thumb.v1.jpg.5b15e80355b2f5ad762115eb6b2203b8.jpg

4 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Is the switch pull missing? 

IMG_4030.thumb.v1.jpg.5b15e80355b2f5ad762115eb6b2203b8.jpg

It broke as I pulled it off 

24 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

It broke as I pulled it off 

Then your switch has a 95+% chance of being good. This is the part you need from another functional higher amperage Levolier. 

fans 1 1541 (1).v1.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

Your switch is a high amperage muti-circuit Levolier. These brass bead chain retaining clips are smaller in the smaller lower amperage examples. In a nutshell, you need to keep your eyes peeled for another higher amperage multi-circuit switch like yours functional or not with switch nipple attached.  The toggle switch option is a 3 pole double throw center off variety. something like that.  My guess is you would find replacing the switch intimidating. If so, seek help from a motor shop.  

fans 1 1541 (1).v1.jpg

2 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

Here you go, Arjun. Piece of cake, right. 🙂

Photo Aug 28, 2 42 24 PM.jpeg

Photo Aug 28, 2 42 18 PM.jpeg

Switch3PDT2.jpg

Holy….. no levolier for me. Just need a toggle switch and my fan is a split phase 

10 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

Holy….. no levolier for me. Just need a toggle switch and my fan is a split phase 

My bet is your Hunter has 2 RPM speeds on the tag.  The 2 speeds are gained through the motor windings. This IS the correct toggle switch to operate your fan properly, if it has 2 RPM speeds.

Photo Aug 28, 2 42 24 PM.jpeg

Photo Aug 28, 2 42 18 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

The toggle switch is referred to as a 3PDT center off.  3 pole double throw center of switch. 

If you knew how easy it is to repair that Levolier switch, you would not let it intimidate you. You just need to seek out that brass bead chain holder. It would spare you a lot of BS.

Yea it probably would but I don’t trust it as it caused the fan to have issues in the first place and it is a 2 speed 

5 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

Show what the blade looks like. They used different motor designs in early models. 

5 hours ago, Arjun Saini said:

it is a 2 speed 

The fan has 2 speeds with multiple wires exiting the motor to a high amperage multi-circuit Levolier, and there is no speed coil it appears. What will a picture of the blade determine, Lane?

IMG_6839.thumb.jpeg.fccd760cae1a175cba0758eb10e975bc.jpeg

IMG_6794.thumb.jpeg.d1ec5138d0c74b809c66659a2dd9051c.jpeg

Edited by Russ Huber

26 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

The fan has 2 speeds with multiple wires exiting the motor to a high amperage multi-circuit Levolier, and there is no speed coil it appears. What will a picture of the blade determine, Lane?

IMG_6839.thumb.jpeg.fccd760cae1a175cba0758eb10e975bc.jpeg

IMG_6794.thumb.jpeg.d1ec5138d0c74b809c66659a2dd9051c.jpeg

Btw the fan is a split phase 2 speed 

You can fix the Levolier, or you can install a 3PDT center off switch if you want the fan to run as it did. If these things intimidate you, you can try to get in contact with a member near you that has knowledge of this type of repair. Another option is an electric motor shop near you.  They charge roughly give or take $100 an hour, if they don't stick their nose up at it. They have bigger fish to fry.

With all due respects, the Levolier switch repair is not as big a deal as your making it out to be. Follow the pictures and use common sense.

Edited by Russ Huber

Nevermind about the blade. Russ can help you. 

Edited by Lane Shirey

2 minutes ago, Lane Shirey said:

Nevermind about the blade. Russ can help you. He’s the expert apparently 

Actually, I am kind of bummed, I was wondering what the blade would determine about the motor.  

If you decide to repair the Levolier, after the repair, you can spray WD-40 directly into the switch and work it carefully. This will break down crud within, clean contacts, and lubricate the mechanism same time for smoother operation. When done use compressed air to blow out excess solvent out of the switch.  Reattach the switch to your marked wires and enjoy a breeze.

I in past put a dab of dielectric grease on the inner edge of the phenolic housing and work it into the geared mechanism with compressed air. Wipe it clean when done and install. 

Edited by Russ Huber

59 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

If you decide to repair the Levolier, after the repair, you can spray WD-40 directly into the switch and work it carefully. This will break down crud within, clean contacts, and lubricate the mechanism same time for smoother operation. When done use compressed air to blow out excess solvent out of the switch.  Reattach the switch to your marked wires and enjoy a breeze.

I in past put a dab of dielectric grease on the inner edge of the phenolic housing and work it into the geared mechanism with compressed air. Wipe it clean when done and install. 

I did all the above to this Levolier. I even scrubbed it with a toothbrush externally and internally carefully with a small bottle brush. It worked smooth as silk when in installed. 

IMG_4006.thumb.JPG.6aaa577025f27d9cd692b28359953bbd.jpg

IMG_4032.thumb.JPG.219094ada0620acbe84a2882731d49a2.jpg

IMG_3999.thumb.JPG.f7a3936cdc61ee9a71b568b934b4d430.jpg

IMG_3996.thumb.JPG.810e997f855f7352c39ad02bf3f37c05.jpg

• Like 2

I’ll send pics of the levolier. But the 3pdt switch is my option for now 

IMG_6783.jpeg