Wiring diagram for hunter a-24 stand fan

Arjun Saini

20 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

I’ll send pics of the levolier. But the 3pdt switch is my option for now 

No need for pictures of the Levolier, not much to gain from that. I would be interested in the switch if you don't use it. We look forward to your pictures of your new 3PDT installed when you're done!

CARLING TECHNOLOGIES, 3PDT, 9 Connections, Toggle Switch - 2X594|HM254-73 - Grainger

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

No need for pictures of the Levolier, not much to gain from that. I would be interested in the switch if you don't use it. We look forward to your pictures of your new 3PDT installed when you're done!

CARLING TECHNOLOGIES, 3PDT, 9 Connections, Toggle Switch - 2X594|HM254-73 - Grainger

Hopefully I can figure the wiring out. 

19 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

Hopefully I can figure the wiring out. 

That's the goal. Won't run very well if you don't. The 3PDT on the right not in my hand was a centrifugal start 2 speed Emerson. Notice the red wire jumpers to complete circuits.  The one in my hand was a capacitor start. I did those years ago, and sorry to say have no diagrams. I kind of figure things out as they unfold.  There are a number of members in NY, NJ. NH. Maybe someone there can help you one on one. Gary Heidenfeldt is electrically trained and very capable, but he is a drive away from you. Good luck! Like I said, I'll take that old switch if you put in the toggle.

Switch3PDT2.jpg.e2fd4bc0dda0488856b9426dc7a16efb.jpg

19 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

That's the goal. Won't run very well if you don't. The 3PDT on the right not in my hand was a centrifugal start 2 speed Emerson. Notice the red wire jumpers to complete circuits.  The one in my hand was a capacitor start. I did those years ago, and sorry to say have no diagrams. I kind of figure things out as they unfold.  There are a number of members in NY, NJ. NH. Maybe someone there can help you one on one. Gary Heidenfeldt is electrically trained and very capable, but he is a drive away from you. Good luck! Like I said, I'll take that old switch if you put in the toggle.

Switch3PDT2.jpg.e2fd4bc0dda0488856b9426dc7a16efb.jpg

👍 I’d work out a trade for the switch. I have another one that’s complete. Nobody near me can fix this lol. So I reside to take it to NH

53 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

👍 I’d work out a trade for the switch. I have another one that’s complete.

Post a picture of the other switch. 

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

Post a picture of the other switch. 

I don’t have a picture of the other one but it’s a levolier model 282 and the one off the hunter is a 265 

44 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

I don’t have a picture of the other one but it’s a levolier model 282 and the one off the hunter is a 265 

Notice it states the 282 can be CONVERTED to operate in place of the 265. Now this may be legitimately intimidating to many. What has been validated is your 282 is a high amperage switch just like the 265 in your fan. The 282 switch would contain the correct size brass bead chain holder you wasted in the 265 switch when you pulled down on the switch nipple too hard. 

IMG-4283.jpg

1158109730_fans11541(1)_v1.jpg.5e83d45920c88555799e1951b88a7c01.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 10:08 AM, Russ Huber said:

You will also need some new bead chain.

fans 1 1525.jpg

fans 1 1541.jpg

fans 1 1546.jpg

fans 1 1549.jpg

fans 1 1554.jpg

You have/own the bead chain holder to fix your switch. You follow the steps to remove the bead chain holder from the 282 to transplant it in your 265. You just need to release the switch from your rear housing to gain full advantage of the switch in the open and follow the above steps to repair it. You then spray it good with WD-40 internally and start working it to loosen it up. 

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

You have/own the bead chain holder to fix your switch. You follow the steps to remove the bead chain holder from the 282 to transplant it in your 265. You just need to release the switch from your rear housing to gain full advantage of the switch in the open and follow the above steps to repair it. You then spray it good with WD-40 internally and start working it to loosen it up. 

I’ll try that and see what happens 

• Like 1