Ketcher Fan CAD

Louis Luu

Housing for the stem.  I designed it so the fan can be hung upside down.  The commutator will be customized with holes for the wires to run from the shaft.  Draft.

image.thumb.png.48026b1634401eed10321a9d8c9eacc0.png

The original drawing shows the shaft held down with 2 side screws....very dangerous.  I'm opting for two thrust bearings on the sides to hold the shaft into position with enough clearance so that it can move freely within the housing.  This is just a draft.  I sourced the thrust bearings and bushings for the motor.

I will most likely get rid of the indent on the shaft as this serves no purpose.  The housing will need to be embellished with decorative reliefs.

Here is the base section.  The two halves will be screwed together.  The inside will house two thrust bearings on either side allowing the fan to hang upside down without falling out.  It is tapered with a slight slope.

image.thumb.png.17c348fc01cb89f650206131af9bb859.pngimage.thumb.png.0bb93d63e2c4e101a6dbe7739091b7c0.png

Edited by Louis Luu

Amazing!!!  This is such an amazing project.  And reading Jim Kovars insights  which are so far above my understanding was a delight.  And Anthony’s insights were critical imho.

Kudos to all involved. 

On 4/13/2023 at 11:16 PM, Jim Kovar said:

Wrong!  Rectified DC, which I assume you'll using, whether half-wave or full still has a major AC component (ripple).

Ripple in my circuits
When there is no switches thrown
Nor caps to blow . . .

• 5 months later...