29646 emerson restoration

James Gaspard

I'm not having any luck with posting a photo to this, but perhaps if I could send a photo to someone's phone of email??

On 4/11/2024 at 12:33 PM, Chris Campbell said:

Just going off past techniques. Without a pic unsure how repairable situation is

Hello Chris, Is it possible for me to send a photo of my damaged 29646 fan hub and spider to your phone or email? I can't figure out how to access any member info and mostly anything else either? I need help/advice on my damaged blade assy. just to be sure not to mess it up! Can you open a "chat" or message to me? I'm wasting SO MUCH TIME trying to find what I need.

Just going off past techniques. Without a pic unsure how repairable situation is

Hello Chris, Is it possible for me to send a photo of my damaged 29646 fan hub and spider to your phone or email? I can't figure out how to access any member info and mostly anything else either? I need help/advice on my damaged blade assy. just to be sure not to mess it up! Can you open a "chat" or message to me? I'm wasting SO MUCH TIME trying to find what I need.

2 minutes ago, James Gaspard said:
2 minutes ago, James Gaspard said:

I'm so sorry for multiple posts, but I can NOT understand how to use this forum! If I search for "Emerson 29646 restoration" it comes back with so many pages of other fans. If I open a thread to review and find it isn't what I'm needing and hit the back arrow, it brings me back to the beginning? Is there a way to close a thread and have it return to exactly where you opened to move on since the search has me looking at so many threads that have nothing to do with "Emerson 2964 restoration"? I'm guessing that as a guest I have no ability to message any members? Please help me find the rules and directions?

Is there any way to edit a post after it has been submitted??

• 2 weeks later...

As a "guest" I don't have the ability allowed to edit when pressing ... at the top right of the post which only says "share"? This format is very difficult to use without being a pain to others?? Is anyone willing to let me send photos of my blade assembly (hub & spider) connection to their phone or email?

On 4/7/2024 at 10:29 AM, Thomas Newcity said:

So glad to see that you are using the multimeter.  I was going to mention to you that there are a lot of multimeter tutorials  on Utube.  If you don't get your blade hub repaired satisfactorily, let me know.  I can probably come up with a blade assembly that would cost you no more than shipping cost.  I could throw in a head wire also.  Let us know if there are any parts you may need.  

Please ask questions as you go, and keep us posted.  I've restored a few 29646's and am always willing to share info.  And by the way, as so many have shared with me.  

Hello Thomas Newcity, I'm not finding any welder willing to weld the hub & spider connection locally in New Orleans area? Do you really have an undamaged used fan assembly (hub & spider) for a 29646 model to send? I do need one very bad! Please let me know if you do??

34 minutes ago, James Gaspard said:

Hello Thomas Newcity, I'm not finding any welder willing to weld the hub & spider connection locally in New Orleans area? Do you really have an undamaged used fan assembly (hub & spider) for a 29646 model to send? I do need one very bad! Please let me know if you do??

I think that I still have it.  Do you want a spider and hub assembly with or without blades?  In other words, do you intend to remove and reinstall your blades, or do you prefer blades already mounted?

I am going to attempt blade removal and reinstallation after brass restoration. I'd really prefer keeping most of the fan since it was inherited. Let me know if there is anything you need me to do to get this started?? Before hand, let me say THANKS!

2 hours ago, Thomas Newcity said:

I think that I still have it.  Do you want a spider and hub assembly with or without blades?  In other words, do you intend to remove and reinstall your blades, or do you prefer blades already mounted?

OK.  I'll send you the correct hub/spider.  Give me your address and I will ship it next week.  Once I ship I will let you know what the shipping charges are.

1 hour ago, James Gaspard said:

I am going to attempt blade removal and reinstallation after brass restoration. I'd really prefer keeping most of the fan since it was inherited. Let me know if there is anything you need me to do to get this started?? Before hand, let me say THANKS!

There is a bunch of stuff you are going to need.  I only do tutorials in person, but maybe someone will chime in and walk you through it.  

20 hours ago, Thomas Newcity said:

OK.  I'll send you the correct hub/spider.  Give me your address and I will ship it next week.  Once I ship I will let you know what the shipping charges are.

Sorry....forgot to give you my email address.  newcity@cox.net

And by the way, the shipping charges are whatever the post office charges me.

22 hours ago, Thomas Newcity said:

My residential address is 5200 Loveland St.  Metairie, Louisiana 70006 . I'll be on the edge of my seat! Please let me know how much and how to repay? Tutorial your describing is riveting the restored blades?

I did see a post where a member showed he grinded a roung shape sized like the rivet head into a small steel nut that he places under the rivet head to peen the other end with the speader tool? I just don't know how this can be done inside the motor head peening from an angle??